Salsa and chips are a staple at any gettogether. This recipe ups the ante, adding gooey, creamy cheese and hearty chili beans. The quantities of this recipe are suited for a large gathering, but you can easily halve the ingredients for smaller groups. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and garnish with freshly minced jalapeno pepper.
- 2 15.5-ounce cans chili beans, drained and rinsed
- 24-ounce jar Tostitos salsa, heat level to desired taste
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 16-ounce bag Mexican 4 Cheese Blend shredded cheese (or two 8-ounce bags)
- In a large microwavable bowl, mix together chili beans, salsa, cream cheese, and 2/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Microwave for 10 minutes.
- Add remainder of cheese.
- Microwave until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.