My grandmother used to make this dessert for every family gathering we had. Her Magic Cookie Bars were always the first item devoured! This recipe mixes sweet, salty, and gooey into one magical experience for your taste buds. They’re so easy to make, too! Make them the morning of your gathering to ensure you’ll have some to serve (yes, they’re that good!). And don’t forget to makes these Magic Cookie Bars in the Red Copper Brownie Bonanza to avoid fights over who’s eating the bigger piece!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can
- 1 (6oz) bag of semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (3.5oz) bag or can flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F if using glass).
- In 13X9-inch pan melt butter. Sprinkle crumbs over butter.
- Pour milk evenly over crumbs.
- Top evenly with chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts. Press down gently.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool before cutting. Loosely cover leftovers