Few things say “comfort food” like warm, melty cheese. This dip is super quick and easy to make.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, chopped finely
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- 12 ounces cheese (Monterey Jack work well)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onions and cook until soft and fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in pepper(s) and cook another minute until fragrant.
- Add in rest of ingredients.
- Stir well until melted.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Optional: top with more chopped cilantro or a little pico de gallo for color and freshness.
Note: Add cooked ground beef or chorizo for an even heartier and more delicious dip!